/ Past event
Industrial grade Virtual Reality solutions powering future projects
New ways of working with VR, 360 degree video and reality capture in construction projects.
Thank you PMI Finland chapter for arranging a great breakfast event at Nordea on the 16th August 2019. We had good fun!
We had a great discussion on the opportunities latest virtual reality solutions present for project management professionals in industrial construction projects. The picture we painted of a normal project day in 2019:
• Majority of the project team works remotely from all sorts of locations (home, construction site, partner offices, gas station, etc.)
• People conduct many small, focused project meetings per day (most as web meetings)
• Engineering speed, cost and accuracy has dramatically improved through automation, simulation and virtual visits to the construction site
• Most of the project team are social media “natives” and prefer short bursts of chat instead of long e-mails
• The project team conduct virtual site visits trough 360 video as normal part of project meetings; less confusion
• The project team uses a google street view type of browser interface from inside of the plant where they collaborate, design and solve problems together
• The project team can travel in time and visit the construction site on a certain day with 360 videos to see and check the progress and working conditions at site at that time